Friday, 2 January 2015

Etsy Shop called WoolBasketintheTrees

Yay!  I have an Etsy shop!



  My wool basket is overflowing with lovely colours and I am skipping around the house humming little tunes, much to the entertainment of the children, who think I am a little crazy!  (There is nothing new about that.  I am a little unusual.)  This unusual activity on my part is brought on because I am very excited to finally have a place to sell my creations.  It is a big learning curve for me as I am learning to use technology one small step at a time.  Organising  my new Etsy shop has my head in a spin!  I named it WoolBasketintheTrees.  Here is the link.  Come and see some my scarves. 


  Today I sewed the seams up on my latest original beanie.  I have designed a pattern for a cute forest beanie with a long twisty peak and special individual additions.  Some are decorated with whimsical flowers, some have autumn leaves, a few have unique buttons, and I am currently working on a design for feathers. I decided to knit my beanies in four head sizes.  There is a cute little baby size, a child's size, a medium size and a larger head size.  Each one will be different.  I don't like knitting exactly the same thing twice.  The beanies I am making at the moment are chunky knit and thick and warm for the colder weather.  I will have lots of them ready for when our muggy, summer temperatures finally give way to the cool briskness of autumn.
  It was very humid and a bit wet out there today so I didn't get up the tree as I thought I would.  Instead I spent time catching up on the cleaning and then enjoying a cuppa with my friend.  Before she arrived I managed to squeeze in sewing that seam up and finishing the red poppy to embellish its side.  I intend to add two knitted feathers when I work out a suitable design.  I am really pleased with the look of the poppy.  It is coming together nicely.
  All sorts of ideas flow through my head as I sit knitting.  I need to carefully keep count of where I am in the pattern, but in between counting stitches I am eyeing off my huge wool basket,  planning colour combinations,  and deciding which of the gorgeous buttons spread out on the table in front of me would look good in the centre of each flower.  My thoughts are too fast for my fingers.  I will need eternity to try out all the ideas that pop into my head!  Does that happen to you as well?



No comments:

Post a Comment