Sunday, 4 January 2015

View From the Trees

View From the Trees

  Fine weather today allowed me to sweep out the accumulated leaves in the tree house and take up a couple of comfortable chairs.  The round table my son made is now shiny and clean and his branch stool is perched beside it.  Out went some perished old pillows and the remains of the pirate flags from last year. I did not see that friendly Huntsman spider anywhere!
 

  The view from up here is lovely.  Every way I look I see green.  The big branches of the Jacaranda tower over me and through their lacy leaves I catch glimpses of the house and shed rooves, the chook pen with its scratching occupants and grassy paddocks where the horses contentedly munch their way through the day.
 

  I heard crowing!  There he is, that great escape artist.  Leading his ladies and  chicks astray!
       DSC04896.JPG  He is on the wrong side of the fence!




  Well, the chair is very comfortable and I have had one friend up here already. (Next visit she will bring her craft with her.)  My forest beanie is coming along nicely and it is so peaceful up here among the leaves.  I completed a mug cosy this morning and it matches the skirt I am wearing so I just had to try it with a coffee and feature it in a photo.  Cute, hey? 
 DSC04907.JPG
 

No comments:

Post a Comment