Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Forest Beanie With a Poppy

Forest Beanie With a Poppy

 
    I felt this forest beanie should have something spectacular and bold so I found a pattern for a large, red poppy and put a jet black, fabric covered button in the centre.  It took some time, but I designed two feathers in chocolate and faun and added them to dangle down beside it.  I like the interesting effect of the trailing feathers and the twisty tail of my beanie.
 
                   
   Carol and I spent the day over cuppas and our craft work.  She is getting amazingly good at needle felting, but if I talk to her at the wrong moment she jabs her finger!  I went and found my great grandmother's silver thimble for her to try but I think she needs one on each finger!




   I spread my work out on the kitchen table to see what I have made so far.
 


   We were industriously working away when my daughter rushed in with a bleeding finger where she had cut it on a hand saw!  I rushed her off to get it looked at but the local doctor was still off on holidays.  The chemist sold me some tiny butterfly band aids and I taped the cut up tightly.  We decided to keep it still by tying a paddle pop stick under the bandage.  All fixed.
                                                          



No comments:

Post a Comment