Mushrooms After the Rain
I love the smell of all those wet trees. The rooster was standing in his caged area for a change and was spotlighted in a bright patch of sun. The ginger hen scratched nearby. This is the rooster that crows so early in the morning. He is my daughter's pet and was the chicken from the chicken that she brought home from her preschool and hand raised. At least, I think it was three generations, but it might have been four.
I looked around for the bantams who were not in their pen, of course, and found the mother and six of her half grown chicks scratching in what will be my vegetable garden when I can face doing it in the cooler weather. At least they are doing a good job of mixing in all the manure and straw I have spread out there in preparation.
I knew she had been cackling again under the house so I looked in the bag of guinea pig grass from yesterday to see if she had laid another egg in that little hidden spot and sure enough, there was a little blue egg!
Craft takes over my life most of the time, and I would rather make things than do house work any day, but every little while I have to sort out the jumble that develops in the craft room. I talked it today, sorting out the big things and sweeping under everything. I found lots of misplaced things and wondered why some things had ended up back in the room instead of at the op shop. I think my daughter needs her own craft room as we both are accumulators of interesting crafty things. How am I ever going to organise it?
In between all this I knitted another of my cute ear warmers for the coming winter. This one is knitted in the same browns as my speckled hen and I knitted a curled brown flower with a button in the centre to embellish it. Sorry, no pictures just yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment