Monday, 5 January 2015

Wool Basket is Inside Today

Wool Basket is Inside Today

  The showers have persisted and the tree house is too damp for comfort so I am working indoors today.  My forest beanie is coming along nicely.  I have the wools all near me for inspiration and the children chattering away nearby as distraction.  I can tune them out and dream of what I will knit next.


  The browns in this particular forest beanie remind me of my little cheeky speckled bantam.  Today I heard her cackling from under our house so I sent the children to see if they could locate her new nesting spot.  No success, but it had to be there somewhere.  I thought I would look myself.  You know, a mother's eyes and all that!  I began to tidy up the bits of rubbish that had accumulated.  The chewed up pool noodles and old bike helmets and bits of broken plastic toys.  (I wont show you a picture of this area!) I collected quite a bag full.  Eventually I arrived at the guinea pig feed area and the bags of grass straw stored in a pile.  There, in the top bag, was the little nest with its one new blue egg.  Smiling, I showed the children.  So cute.  I wonder if she will try there again?


  The rain looks like hanging around for a while.  It is making the back yard very squishy and I think the grass is growing faster than it can be mown!  My washing was piling up a bit, too, waiting for a sunny day that isn't coming, so I started some hand washing anyway and hung it on the veranda.  I washed a couple of my scarves which were a bit dusty and spread them out flat across the tables inside.  Lovely weather! We really needed the rain so I am not really complaining, just groaning a little.  It makes for very cosy indoor knitting, anyway.
  




No comments:

Post a Comment