New Year's Day 2015
Well! A new year!


It was so hot last night I couldn't sleep and wished I was in my tree house with a little breeze. One of the reasons I was not is that there is that a big Huntsman type spider lives up there. My daughter found out about him when she did sleep up there one night. She slept quite well and in the morning she met him for the first time. He was quietly sleeping beside her on a branch a short distance from her nose! I think I will stick to daytime visits when I can see what is in the tree house with me.
During the night, the power also went off. I was just settling down after seeing the new year in and turning off the lights and out went the power! Oh no! It was so hot and sticky up in our bedrooms! Fortunately it was back on quickly before I had a chance to feel it. I wonder why that was?
Today I am going to open an Etse shop for my knitting and craft things. I have been thinking about it for a while and today I am going to do it. It will be quite a learning experience. I will give it the same name as this blog and have a try at online selling.
Knitting in the summer heat is hot on the hands and they tend to become all sweaty so I will work in the air conditioning today. We installed it for the benefit of my mother when she was living with us but now we are so grateful to have it during the worst of the heat and humidity. Unfortunately, it does not reach upstairs into the bedrooms and we are sweltering at night. I am very grateful for fans! I remember as a child having to go without fans in the summer heatwaves and my nylon shortie PJs (which were the latest thing at that time) sticking to me very uncomfortably. There was no relief from the humidity until early morning.
When I have an Etse shop I will post the link.
Happy crafting this year !
Awesome Tree House :)
ReplyDeleteLooks inviting!
ReplyDelete